(+86) 10 61722096       237992134@qq.com

After you’ve successfully applied for a teaching job, you’ll need to organize your visa for China. All visitors coming to China, whether they’re coming for a holiday, to work or to study, require a visa to enter and stay in the country. It is your responsibility to apply and pay for your Chinese Visa. Visa applications are made in your country of residence. Our programs include visa advice and assistance to help you apply for the right visa.

Business Visa

Many applicants who come to China to teach apply for a Business Visa (either an F or M Visa). In preparation for your position in China, you’ll receive an invitation letter written by your host company or institution which is required for your visa application. The allowed duration for an M Visa is usually three months. However, it may vary depending on your plans and your country of citizenship.

Working Visa

China Work visa (Z Visa) is issued to those who have obtained employment permit and intend to work in China. A Chinese government issued working permit or employment license is required. Z visa is usually issued for one entry with duration of stay of 000 (means to be determined). Holder of Z visa should enter China within 90 days after visa is issued and must register at local public security bureau within 30 days of arrival, where the China Residence Permit will be issued to replace Z visa to allow multiple entry for one year.


  1. Passport

– Applicant’s valid actual passport with at least six months before expiry and at least one blank page left in it.

  1. Application Form

– One accurately and truthfully completed China Work Visa Application form.

  1. Recent Photo

– One recent passport standard photo affixed to the Application Form.

  1. Work Permit
  • Passport
  • CV / Resume (with Education and Working experience)
  • Degree Certificate (not a transcript)
  • Legalised copy of your degree certificate
  • Teaching Qualification/ Certificate or 2 years full time teaching experience after graduation (Reference needed)
  • Legalised copy of teaching Qualification/ Certificate
  • Criminal Record Check
  • Legalised copy of Criminal Record Check
  • Original Physical Examination Report
  • Passport Picture (Pure White background, 390pixel Width *520pixel Height)
  • Application form for Foreigner’s Work Permit (School)
  • Copy of the job contract (School)
  1. Supporting Documents

Applicants might be required to submit supporting documents on a case-by-case basis. This could include a medical form and criminal history check, which has been notarized and authenticated. If you are not required to submit the medical form, you still need to take a medical check when applying for the Temporary Residence Permit in China.

Note: You will need to bring ALL your documents to China

A lot of English teachers who travel to China begin with one job and then end up trying something different once they learn what works for them.

Be careful with this though: while no job lasts forever, if a company or school provides your employment visa and you are under contract, they might be entitled to keep you on board, preventing you from finding a new job for a while. Therefore, when searching for a teaching job in China, try to choose a school where you think you’ll be happiest.

Close Menu